Michael Winkler is a writer based in Melbourne, Australia. He won the Calibre Award 2016 for his essay 'The Great Red Whale' which can be read here.
* Fahfangoolah! The despised and indispensable Welcome to Woop Woop
* Grungewick: Gritty and gruesome news stories of early Brunswick (Westbourne 2015)
* Unsung Heroes: True Stories from the Stockman’s Hall of Fame (Penguin, 2013)
* Kick it to the S#!thouse: Great Australian Sporting Quotes (Penguin, 2012)
* 110 percent: Great Australian Sporting Speeches (Penguin, 2011)